Friday, September 18, 2020

Happy Friday!

 Happy Friday!

We are finding a routine and I am so proud of the students!  I am so excited to get to read their dream pet writing and also see their self-portraits.  I am going to print off their portraits and hang them around my work area so I get to be surrounded by them!  If you are not linked to your student in Seesaw and would like to be, please let me know and I will get you the link.

Thank you to everyone who picked up the supply bags yesterday!  I hope these supplies make learning from home a bit easier.  

Another HUGE thank you to all the families, friends and day cares for helping get the students on Zoom and making sure they have the materials they need to be successful during our school day.  I know a virtual school day seems longer than a "normal" school day.  I also know I really enjoying getting to know the students more and more each day and seeing their personalities come out and couldn't be more proud of how hard they are working!

Just a reminder, Wednesday is a teacher work day, so students will not have class on Wednesday.

Mrs. McKinzie has set up a plan for library check out while we are virtual.  Here is a link to the video.  I shared this video with the students on Monday and I think some have already requested some books.  Please make a plan to pick up books once you receive an email stating your books are ready.  Once your students have finished reading their books, there is a red book return by the parent pick up doors.

Next Week's Learning

Math

  • We will be looking at the number grid and identifying patterns that we see and discussing how we can use those patterns to help as when we use the number grid as a tool.
  • We will be creating multiple number sentences for the same number (example: 1+4, 2+3, 5+0 all equal 5).  

Reading

  • We will be working on identifying the author's purpose (to inform, entertain or persuade).
  • We will be discussing the difference between fiction and non-fiction.
  • We will be identifying the characteristics of a poem.

Writing

  • We are going to continue building our stamina for writing next week.  We are also making sure we have capital letters, punctuation and complete sentences.
  • We will also be working on rhyming words as we look at poetry.

Fundations

  • We will be learning the rule for when to use c, k or ck when making the /k/ sound.
  • We will start identifying how many syllables are in a word and then labeling our closed syllables.
  • Our trick words for next week are they, said, one, you, your, was.  These are words that cannot be tapped out and need to be memorized.

Science

  • Next week, we will be learning about birds and their beaks.  We will learn about how birds eat different foods based on their beaks.  
Please reach out if you have any questions.  I will do my best to answer them!  

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment