Thursday, May 25, 2017

Last Day in 2nd Grade

WOW!!!!  You are now the parent of a 3rd grader!  :)




 

I'm so proud of all the students and how much they have grown this year.  In their backpack today, they have a piece of writing they did today alongside a piece of writing from the beginning of school.  They were amazing at how much they had grown as writers.  This is true for their math and reading also.  They have also matured so much this year.  It is amazing!  I am going to miss all of them so much.  I reminded them that they can come and visit next year.  There were some tears, but I got a high five or a hug from everyone before they left.

I want to say thank you to all the parents also for their fabulous support this year.  These kids are very lucky to have such wonderful and supportive parents!

We had a fun last day.  We watched the 5th graders walk down the hallways one last time.  I might have teared up a little watching my own daughter walk down the hallways.  It is fun to see former students walk by and see how they have continued to grow since they left my classroom.  I can't wait to see this group walk down the halls in 3 years.  I'm sure a lot of them will be taller than me.  :)  We did our end of the year writing today, then ate in the classroom one last time and had our final balloon pop.  The students got to eat ice cream this afternoon.  :)  It was a great way to end the year.

Again, I had a wonderful year with your students and I can't wait to see them next year!

Mrs. Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment